Old January 1st 12, 03:19 PM posted to sci.military.naval,sci.space.policy,rec.arts.poems
Jonathan

Default "THIS is my Letter to the World!"

"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
"Jonathan" wrote:

Why are science and religion still at odds?
When will we have a unified view?

Never. The two bear no relationship to each other, nor should they.

They have to if we're ever going to have a complete
and sensible view of reality and the source of our
existance. Here's how to combine them into a single
science.

IF science and religion are abstractly defined in
terms of their chosen methods of gathering data
and their chosen frame of reference with respect
to causation. Then...

1) Science;

a. Methods; tools of modern science
b. Causation; upward (objective reductionism)

2) Religion;

a. Methods; scripture and revelation
b. Causation: downward (subjective holism)

I think it's clear that (1a) is completely correct.
And just as clear (2a) is completely idiotic.
Let's keep what makes sense and toss
the rest.

So in logically /resolving/ the two competing methods
we start with (1a), but we still need to decide
which direction to use for causation, in order to build
the new unified view of reality.

Upward or downward?
Particle physics or system behavior?

I would argue that since system behavior gives
us emergent properteis like gravity, light, natural selection,
market forces, intelligence and wisdom etc. That the better
frame of reference is downward causation, or a systems
perspective. Since those system properties best show
the future /and/ the source of creation.

So, the logical method would become....

Complexity Science

a) all the tools of modern science
b) holistic (systems) frame of reference.

One method for it all, life, the universe and
everything. There is a way of turning subjective
observations into mathematical form.

Read for yourself....

Calresco Themes (*in essay form)
http://calresco.org/themes.htm

Self-Organizing Faq
http://calresco.org/sos/sosfaq.htm

Dynamics of Complex Systems
(full online textbook)
http://www.necsi.org/publications/dcs/

Steinhardt
Director, Princeton Center for Theoretical Physics
http://wwwphy.princeton.edu/~steinh/...cosmology.html

"The supreme satisfaction is to be able to despise one's
neighbour and this fact goes far to account for religious
intolerance. It is evidently consoling to reflect that the
people next door are headed for hell."
-- Aleister Crowley