Old January 1st 12, 02:38 AM posted to sci.military.naval,sci.space.policy,rec.arts.poems
Jonathan

Default "THIS is my Letter to the World!"

Why are science and religion still at odds?
When will we have a unified view?

The assumption has always been that we should begin trying to
understand reality by detailing the input side, the myriad part
details of each and every 'thing', but doing that we end up with a
nearly infinite number of different problems and just as many
solutions. One for each and every thing that exists.

Which means no simple or universal answer to...how or ...why
reality and life exists.

But if we /inverse/ our initial frame of reference, we inverse
the /results/, we end up with a view as simple and clear
as the classical frame of reference is complex and muddled.

So, the new non-linear mathematics of the Chaos and Complexity
Sciences begins with systems, instead of parts. With what
systems do, instead of what they are. And most importantly
it looks at systems when they are far-from-equilibrium
not near equilibrium.

Non-linear math begins at the point a system has been disturbed
and ends when you can no longer tell it's been disturbed.
The focus is when a system is near it's ...breaking point
not the steady-state.

Why?

Because all the higher levels of order, like clouds, galaxies
or intelligence are being held at or near it's own system-specific
'tipping point' by some disturbance or force.

This 'edge state' is also called it's critical point, or just
The Edge of Chaos.

And when ANY system is critically interacting, at the edge, it
displays two, and only two, universal types of behaviors.
It's own static or chaotic forms.

From a non-linear frame of reference, you now have for
the first time a way of seeing what is /common/ between
every complex system that exists. ALL of them.

And the light is turned on!

Switching to the new non-linear frame is a very difficult step
for most people. Since it first asks you to forget everything
you've learned, and start over from scratch.

The most basic assumption becomes that the fundamental laws
of the universe are best seen in the most...complex...the universe
has to offer, instead of the old assumption to reduce to the
simplest parts and forces for universal truth.

When you accept the new non-linear perspective something
astonishing happens. Suddenly everywhere you look, in every
system you see the truth of this new assumption, and realize
the most complex the universe has to offer is...life.

And the Earth-Shattering realization is that ....Darwin
essentially tells us how the physical universe works.
The fundamental laws of the universe are best seen
in life and intelligence.

If you inverse the initial frame of reference, you also
inverse the results. Instead of being overwhelmed
by all the different things the universe produces, you
become overwhelmed by the utter simplicity of it all
and the complete inevitability of life.

This new view of reality sets everything right.
All the old questions are answered.
The universe is alive, that for richer-or-poorer
this is Heaven, and every single moment we have
is another step in the Garden.

Mathematics and Religion become one-in-the-same.

All that matters anymore is wondering how to make
the future better. Which is what the new non-linear math
does first and best. It shows exactly...why any
real world system is mucked-up, and...how
to fix it.

Which is the ONLY problem and solution that
truly matters.

Jonathan

"This is my letter to the world,
That never wrote to me,
The simple news that Nature told,
With tender majesty.

Her message is committed
To hands I cannot see;
For love of her, sweet countrymen,
Judge tenderly of me!'"

By E Dickinson

Calresco Themes (*in essay form)
http://calresco.org/themes.htm

Self-Organizing Faq
http://calresco.org/sos/sosfaq.htm

Dynamics of Complex Systems
(full online textbook)
http://www.necsi.org/publications/dcs/

Steinhardt
Director, Princeton Center for Theoretical Physics
http://wwwphy.princeton.edu/~steinh/...cosmology.html