Old June 29th 19, 07:09 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Commercial Crew

Jeff Findley wrote on Sat, 29 Jun 2019
08:27:43 -0400:

In article ,
says...

Jeff Findley wrote on Fri, 28 Jun 2019
07:23:56 -0400:

Falcon 9 Block 5 first stages are designed for something like 100
flights. There are no Falcon 9 Block 5 first stages with 99 flights on
them.

The one thought that occurs to me (and I don't think the description
you posted of the test assets makes it clear) is that perhaps they are
NOT using a Block 5 booster set, but rather an earlier set that isn't
intended for a lot of reflights.

That would certainly be possible, but it wouldn't be as high fidelity as
a Block 5. According to NexxusWolf on Reddit, it will be a Block 5
booster. Yes, I know, not the most reliable spot for info, but it is
what it is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/spacex/comm...at_i_got_from_
my_tour/

Well, they're already removing grid fins and landing legs, so does not
having Block 5 upgrades really make that much additional difference?

--
"Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to
live in the real world."