Old February 20th 17, 04:00 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
BogeyOne

Default Planet near Proxima Centauri (Travel time)

RichA wrote:
Earth-like? I'd believe it when they get there. Here's the travel time:

-Current rocket technology (if a large enough one could be built): 120,000mph.
25,000 years to get there.

My thinking is that science is not capable of everything and visiting
even the nearest stars is a good example. I do not doubt that millions
upon millions of other developed civilizations exist in this universe,
but they could not escape being bound by the same laws of physics and
the restraints of time that we are. So it is best to accept that all
must just sit around and ponder the "if we only could" scenario.

Of course, I could be wrong.