Old December 31st 16, 01:58 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Explore Scientific 12" f/5 Truss Tube Dobsonian Telescope

On Friday, December 30, 2016 at 9:13:55 PM UTC-5, palsing wrote:

I don't think you can expect much from a rich field telescope when observing
planets, they just don't provide much image scale.

I saw the polar cap/hood on Mars in my finder a few years back, verified by the view through the main scope. YMMV.

And it's actually "richest field telescope," but who's splitting hairs, right?