Old April 27th 16, 10:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: Sh2-261

Rick,

sorry for the late answer: I use a filter drawer with the RASA.
Actually dust is not a problem with such a fast scope, dust donuts are so
large and fuzzy that they are not really conspicuous (unlike my Meade ACF at
f/8, where they are very obvious).

Stefan

"WA0CKY" schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...

Stefan Lilge;1310107 Wrote:
Sh2-261 is am impressive emission nebula in northern Orion, not far from
the
often imaged NGC 2174/2175.
Stefan

How do you handle filters. Remove the camera for a screw in filter or
use a filter drawer?

When I did filters in film work either way I was always fighting dust.
In the farm field I worked in it was everywhere and no matter how
careful I was it got on the filters. Drawer had the advantage the
camera orientation was held steady. Even with a bayonet mounting I had
issues with it rotating slightly with filter changes. Using a classic
dark room rather than digital this made aligning the colors
"interesting". This was in the 80's before digital had replaced the
dark room.

Rick

--
WA0CKY