Old May 19th 11, 05:38 PM posted to sci.space.policy
jacob navia[_5_]

Default Interstellar space 'full of Jupiter-size orphan planets'

Le 19/05/11 18:21, David Spain a écrit :
Well brother, just the news we need.

So much for navigating through interstellar space on Warp Drive.
At least until we've charted all these guys...

;-)

Dave

I always thought that warp drives work only in another dimension.

Speeding within the Milky Way at almost light speed is impossible
anyway since a single wandering dust of 200 grams hitting the
spaceship has an energy of an atomic bomb of 1.4937 megatons...
[1]

So, if the spaceship can avoid a dust speck it surely can avoid
a planet...

jacob
[1] Assuming 250 000 Km/sec and E = 0.5 * m * v^2, ignoring relativistic
effects