Old May 3rd 16, 01:45 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gary Harnagel

Default You know those 3 new potentially Earth-like planets 39 lightyears away?

On Monday, May 2, 2016 at 11:04:59 PM UTC-6, RichA wrote:

Time it would take to get the

Current rocket technology: 365,000-400,000 years.
1957's Project Orion ship: 195-240 years.

Think about it.

However, if you could accelerate at a constant one g (as experienced by
the ship) then flip over and decelerate, you could get there in 22 years.

I'd be worried about lethal radiation from running into particles, though,
let alone stuff in the Oort clouds of our solar system and that of the
destination star :-(

There must be a better way ...

Gary