Old February 24th 09, 04:42 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics,sci.space.policy
Ian Parker

Default Pseudonyms, deceit and dirty tricks.

On 24 Feb, 15:23, dlzc wrote:
On Feb 24, 5:07*am, Ian Parker wrote:

A number of people are posting against the theory.

*What* theory? *That you feel you are being picked on by a single
person with multiple nyms?

I think this example shows that a few people richly
endowed with pseudonyms can appear a very much
larger group. I feel that Google should go deeper
into this question of pseudonyms

This is fun, where there is an intent to deceive firm action
should be taken.

You are deceiving everyone that you are conscious when you post,
apparently. *You make reference to a theory, yet you spend the entire
post talking about one responder.

If you've got something to say, stick to the point. *How incensed you
are about a half dozen other things does not matter on any of the
newsgroups you have regurgitated onto.

Well for a start the Einstein Hoax posters are very much of this type.
I think there is a real point. Fred is attemting to stifle all
discussion in sci.space.policy. I think he has been largely successful
in this. The problem is that his ugly mug emerges in other groups too.

Am I making too much of a fuss about one individual. I do not think
so. He has started his infestation elsewhere. I believe that all
unmoderated groups are at potential risk.

What happenned and what has escalated is that I am a bit of an
enthusiast about AI. Fred says that AI is totally insane quite
forgeting that the Pentagon is deeply involved in AI too.

What in fact triggered this latest round of vituperation is that there
was a thread intoduced by Martha Adams on the future of human
spaceflight. I posted saying (and giving references) that any view of
the future had to take into account what people like Kurtzweil was
saying. Fred accused me of being insane.

Problem was that a few days later came an announcement that NASA had
in fact signed up to the "Singularity University" and that the brass
of NASA were saying that new technology was needed if NASA was to
achieve its goals.

One would have thought this would have shut him up but no. Deirdre
then started up and sallied forth. Saying I was arrogant, how nice to
be always right etc. etc. Consistently refusing to discuss any real
issues.

Fred and sidekick are NOT just two posters. They are pasrt of a
concerted disinformation campaign. This campaign includes the Einstein
Hoax. They are both out on a limb. In this latest thread they are BOTH
guilty of identity theft. They are in short professional disinformers.

This is something that threatens ALL unmoderated groups. I sometimes
feel that the days of the completely unmoderated group may be drawing
to a close.

This identity theft is a serious matter. I am going to write to the
REAL Deirdre telling her of the situation.

- Ian Parker