Old July 6th 06, 09:50 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
p forsdick

Default Variation in tides

Hello
This has prompted a question I have not worked out the answer but is
probably a very easy one and everybody else probably knows the answer.
If the moon goes round the earth once about 25 hours and is the main effect
on the tides why do we get 2 high tides in 25 hours and not one
regards Paul
"n cook" wrote in message
According to a local old sea dog, there is a 50 year cycle to the height
of
tides superimposed on the usual new/full moon / sun distance, cyclic
variation.
If there is indeed such an influence , would any one know what it is -
earth's precession ?