Old April 4th 20, 02:32 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default The worm is back!

In article , says...

On 2020-04-02 1:18 PM, Jeff Findley wrote:
The worm is back!

Care to expound on this a bit?

Article with great picture of the NASA worm logo on the side of the
Falcon 9 which will be used for the crewed Dragon 2 test flight to ISS.

NASA brings back iconic 'worm' logo for SpaceX Falcon 9
https://www.designboom.com/design/na...lcon-9-rocket-
04-03-2020/

The worm logo actually came out of a much larger effort of the US
Federal Government to actually use graphic design throughout the
government. Before the 70s, logos were haphazard and had no
consistency.

The PDF scan of the manual below is *the* graphics design reference that
was developed to guide NASA employees in how to use graphic design in
documents, on buildings, on vehicles, and etc. Because most engineers
(myself included) are otherwise clueless of graphic design principles.

National Aeronautics and
NHB 1430.2
Space Administration
January, 1976