Old January 26th 12, 11:02 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default Japanese nuke power has nearly ended

On Jan 25, 8:22*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Brad Guth wrote:
On Jan 25, 12:48*am, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Brad Guth wrote:
On Jan 24, 3:52*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Brad Guth wrote:
On Jan 24, 3:23*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
Brad Guth wrote:

At least using thorium as reactor fuel is kind of inert by itself, and
without considerable modification in some hybrid or composite version
of reactor fuel that’s mostly thorium, you couldn’t make a WMD if you
had to, much less destroy or even hardly damage the environment from
which thorium came from to begin with.

Thorium reactors produce fissile material just like any others.

Nothing WMD worthy, at least not for hundreds or thousands of years,
and that fluid thorium fuel is easily cleanable on the fly.

What colossal ignorance! *Thorium in a reactor will capture neutrons
and turn into U233.

Only on demand,

Gee, a nuclear reaction that only occurs when you ask it to?

BWAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! !!!!!

... and U233 is not going to become a serious problem like
plutonium and other nasty elements are.

U233 is damn as near the perfect material to make atomic bombs from.
So much for the "couldn't make a WMD" part of your remark.

The all-inclusive cost of burning thorium isn't 10% that of a
conventional uranium or MOX fueled reactor that's anything but
failsafe.

Cite for your claims for costs?

Mining, processing, reactor fueling, fuel burning, fuel
replenishments, secondary purifying or filtering of that fuel (on the
fly as needed), spent fuel management gets practically insignificant,
reactor melt downs easily eliminated, absolute minimal environmental
impacts and zilch worth of WMD or terrorists issues are all way
cheaper, less problematic and failsafe.

Do you know what 'cite' means, you dimbulb?

Why are you opposed to electric energy customers paying one cent/kwhr
of reliably clean and essentially renewable energy?

Where did I say I was, you lying little sack?

Are you suggesting Earth doesn't have enough thorium, and otherwise
needs all the plutonium it can possibly get?

Where did I say that, you lying little sack?

Are you suggesting our national power grids simply can’t be greatly
improved and expanded?

Where did I say that, you lying little sack?

--
"False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the
*soul with evil."

Your highly Semitic/oligarch actions speak very loud and clear.

http://translate.google.com/#