Old January 27th 08, 03:49 PM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging
Chris L Peterson

Default Canon 350D Raw image download

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 19:49:42 +0000, john p davies
wrote:

I have taken some images with my Canon DSLR in RAW mode but find that I
am unable to download them to my computer. The error message I get with
Windows is that there are no images on the camera, but they are clearly
there because I can see them in playback view on the camera screen. Even
the supplied Canon software cannot see them! Does any one have some
suggestions, please?

A couple. Have you tried plugging the camera into a different computer?
(There's no need to install any of the Canon software.) That should help
you determine if the problem is with the computer or the camera. If that
points to a computer issue, I'd try removing the Canon drivers. You
might also try a CF card reader- they are cheap and are generally a
better way to get data off a camera than plugging in the camera itself.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com