Old April 14th 07, 09:33 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.physics,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro
[email protected]

Default How cool is VL2

On Apr 14, 9:44 am, The Ghost In The Machine
wrote:

This is far too much handwaving for my liking, admittedly, and
this acid would be distributed Venus-wide, making extraction
of all of it difficult.

Basic laws of physics blows most of your "handwaving" out the window.

It's roughly a 1 bar environment of most extensively S8 that's in the
atmospheric realm of 50 km. S8 has a SG worth of 2 g/cm3, and as you
continue upward it gets even cooler, and that ratio should become more
worthy of Co2 that's clearly a less massive element than S8.

Just a few km below the 50 km mark (especially if going by season of
nighttime), there's a fairly robust layer of S8 to deal with. Of
course h2o and S8 makes for a rather nasty acid, that's likely wet
anywhere near or above the 50 km mark.

John Ackerman offers a reasonably good interpretation of the best
available science, thereby shares his honest review and subsequent
analogy of what's available, and as such it's not nearly as slight as
we've been informed. There's simply more of water to behold of what's
likely within those acidic clouds and extensice haze, than is given
credit by the likes of whatever's given by way of our NASA and of
their mostly Jewish peer review stamp of approval.
-
Brad Guth