Old April 14th 07, 05:44 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.physics,sci.astro,alt.fan.art-bell,alt.usenet.kooks
The Ghost In The Machine

Default How cool is VL2

In sci.physics, Art Deco

wrote
on Sat, 14 Apr 2007 09:23:05 -0600
:
wrote:

Instead of playing silly word games and of your having to continually
exclude evidence, how about instead, why don't you just answer my
questions.

Such as, how many terratonnes of acidic clouds and somewhat less
acidic haze does that toasty planet of Venus offer?

As I'd often asked before, as from others such as yourself, to merely
account for the 40 km to 100 km atmospheric realm that's obviously
chuck full of something other than mostly CO2.

Who are you replying to, Brad. Learn to post, cluebie.

He's replying to me. :-) However, he might be asking all of us.

There *is* the possibility of sulfuric acid in the clouds of Venus.
This is presumably a consequence of the combination of
the 0.015% sulfur dioxide and 0.002% water vapor. I'm not
entirely sure how to compute the amount of sulfuric acid, though
a very naive model suggests 0.0000003%.

Hydrogen chloride and hydrogen fluoride are indicated as traces.

Assuming a scale height of 9 km (Google is being
maddeningly unclear on the matter), I get 6.3 * 10^19
moles for the entire atmosphere. Sulfuric acid would then
be 1.89 * 10^11 moles or 1.85 * 10^10 kg, again assuming
the 0.0000003%.

This is far too much handwaving for my liking, admittedly, and
this acid would be distributed Venus-wide, making extraction
of all of it difficult.

#191,
Useless C++ Programming Idea #12995733:
bool f(bool g, bool h) { if(g) h = true; else h = false; return h;}