Old May 4th 17, 10:47 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default L.I.F.E.

On 2017-05-03 20:55, Fred J. McCall wrote:

What Martian life? So far as we can tell right now, there isn't any.

You cannot say that. All you can say is the tiny rovers who covered a
tiny territory on Mars have not found conclusive evidence of life that
could be detected with its limited sensors.

Of course I can say that. Which part of "so far as we can tell right
now" is it that is a mystery to you?

For all we know , Mars is filled with a life form that we don't know how
to test for. or it could be empty of any life and be more sterile than
a hospital operating room.

Hell, there might be unicorns prancing around the Martian plains
****ting magic pixie dust everywhere.

And it is exactly because we can't be sure that we have to ensure proper
process happens when any crew or material is returned to earth.

Just because it LOOKS like there is no life doesn't mean we can be careless.

I give up. You're obviously incapable of understanding basic biology,
don't believe in evolution, and think the whole thing is just Pure
****ing Magic.

-- Thomas Jefferson