Old June 20th 07, 03:32 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

Default What's wrong with there being ETs (smarter than us none the less)

On Jun 19, 11:34 am, American wrote:
On Jun 19, 11:41 am, Ian Parker wrote: On 19 Jun, 16:14, BradGuth wrote:

Which laws of physics forbids other intelligent life?

A planet built by humans, for humans, as well as their life
support structures. Possibly all those pre-human ET's have
been coming and going for at least a few millennia, give or
take a few ice ages - and we think we're it? Yeah, right as
much as being in the transnationalist box we've created for
ourselves. Did youhear about the COMPANION PLANET
to GLIESE? THAT ONE has a better chance of supporting
LIFE (Perhaps BETTER than some would have us believe?)

see:

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog...r_super_e.html

That's true enough, that such a substantial red dwarf of a star that's
hosting at least a couple of bigger than Earth planets seems perfectly
ET/AI doable, and you'd think most likely of being somewhat older
intelligence than our terrestrial existence to boot. In fact, there
seems to be a fairly great number of such red dwarf or spent stars to
pick from, as populated by interesting planets that can't be all bad,
especially as of once upon a time (perhaps a good billion some odd
years ago) when their mother star was a bit more normal, like ours.

Even a well protected Venus like planet within the Sirius star/solar
system plus robust Oort cloud of icy and perhaps salty orbs must
exist, as viable ET/AI options for Sirius that are obviously beyond
the scope of anything we've come across, of perhaps weird planetology
as hosting a species of equally weird physiology having lesser
limitations than we humans have to put up with.

There's simply no good physics or science reasons as to why ETs have
to be nearly as dumb and dumber, of such carbon, h2o and salt
dependent as we pathetic humans that somehow via our terrestrial
evolution having lost most of those really nifty DNA/RNA codes.
However, even upon Earth there's actually a fairly wide range of
survival intelligent and otherwise highly complex life that survives
rather nicely where we humans simply can not without technical
assistance, if at all. Unfortunately, from start to finish, it's
looking as though our highly bigoted species of humanity isn't going
to survive much past the million year mark, so what's the difference?

Just pondering; how many times has Earth been reseeded?

What sort of evolution is strictly terrestrial limited?

A whole host of problems surrounds this idea, not to mention the
fact of metallicity, G2V, etc.

Sorry, wrong answer to the following question.
"What sort of evolution is strictly terrestrial limited?"

What sort of planet/moon extremes are totally insurmountable for
having accommodated intelligent life?
-

Orbital period? Proximity to star? Constituent regolith?
Accessibility?

Sorry, wrong answer for that question. I'm asking for specifics of
planet/moon extremes that would essentially exclude ETs (including
us).

Stop asking those silly naysay loaded questions, and instead focus
upon answering those basic questions that I've posted.

BTW, once again I've had to reboot a couple of times, as per usual and/
or most likely due to all of the Zion spermware/****ware overload.
Sorry about all of that pesky delay. It seems the longer I can keep
my PC out of this GOOGLE/Usenet cesspool, the longer it'll run before
going postal (typically I'm good for next to forever, as long as I'm
not reading or posting anything Usenet). Damn those tricky Atheistic
Zions.
-
Brad Guth