Old June 19th 07, 07:34 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.skeptic,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy
American

Default What's wrong with there being ETs (smarter than us none the less)

On Jun 19, 11:41 am, Ian Parker wrote:
On 19 Jun, 16:14, BradGuth wrote:

Which laws of physics forbids other intelligent life?

A planet built by humans, for humans, as well as their life
support structures. Possibly all those pre-human ET's have
been coming and going for at least a few millennia, give or
take a few ice ages - and we think we're it? Yeah, right as
much as being in the transnationalist box we've created for
ourselves. Did youhear about the COMPANION PLANET
to GLIESE? THAT ONE has a better chance of supporting
LIFE (Perhaps BETTER than some would have us believe?)

see:

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog...r_super_e.html

What sort of evolution is strictly terrestrial limited?

A whole host of problems surrounds this idea, not to mention the
fact of metallicity, G2V, etc.

What sort of planet/moon extremes are totally insurmountable for
having accommodated intelligent life?
-

Orbital period? Proximity to star? Constituent regolith?
Accessibility?

"whoever controls the past, controls the future" / George Orwell
-
Brad Guth

American