Old December 13th 18, 12:12 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
StarDust

Default 46P, can't see

On Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 2:02:45 PM UTC-8, Davoud wrote:
Paul Schlyter:
I see. You are stuck with that outdated inefficient system of units
of feet and inches. While the rest of the world has gone metric, the
USA, Burma and Liberia prefer to stick to their outdated systems of
measurements.

Let me disabuse you of that notion. The Système international is widely
used in the USA. About the only place it is not used is in figuring the
driving distance to the supermarket. Science, industry, education, all
of the activities where the Système international is important employ
it.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

I worked for a few companies in the last 30 years, incl. a large aerospace co. for 12 years and none were using metric system.
We used to get drawings from France, Germany in metric, all had to be converted to english measuring system.