Old August 19th 18, 09:27 AM posted to sci.astro
Jan Panteltje

Default Astronomers identify some of the oldest galaxies in the universe

On a sunny day (Sat, 18 Aug 2018 14:07:42 -0500) it happened "Michael F.

On 2018-08-18 08:00, Jan Panteltje wrote:
Astronomers identify some of the oldest galaxies in the universe
https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0816183200.htm

Close to the milky way!

The fact that the ones identified are close to us is just because
we can't adequately observe faint satellites of other galaxies,
right? This article doesn't actually imply that we occupy some special
spot where galactic formation first happened, does it?

They say that those old galaxies orbit the milky way,
that 'in orbit around us' makes me wonder for an explanation.
If they just meant 'visible around us' that would be different?