Old January 27th 12, 05:22 PM posted to sci.space.tech
Tony M

Default Question about Centrifugal Gravity

As a theoretical exercise it is definitely possible to seal two
relatively rotating sections of a spacecraft and have power, data and
plumbing run across. From a practical perspective this would be a
complex, expensive, heavy and fault susceptible assembly, hard to
justify as a feature.

The important question is why would there be a need for relatively
rotating sections? I, personally, cannot think of a good reason. I am
with Sylvia on this one; the entire ship would have to rotate as a
single hull. If there is a need for a non-rotating section (maybe a
science lab) it should be internal to the main hull, not a separate
hull section.