Old December 5th 03, 08:27 PM

Default Putting data BEFORE theory?

In sci.astro Ed Conrad wrote:

Hey, Rick, FYI, the ONLY fraud around here is within your
Scientific Establishment, bulging at the seams with deceit,
deception, collusion and conspiracy.

I wouldn't exactly say "bulging at the seams" but some
is much too much.

And as for data before theory. *I* have a datapoint to share.

They were building a new freeway near here. And I go over to the
cut one weekend to poke around for interesting rocks that
they may have dug up. I had a portable UV lamp hoping to find
some nice florescent ones.

I'm poking around and over to one side the lamp picks up a
brilliant green florescence. I go to investigate. No, it
wasn't a human finger, but it WAS very interesting. There was
this HUGE maybe 5 ft in diamter GRANITE boulder that somehow
was freshly impacted or fell and split in two. Right in the center
of that rock was this pocket of CRUDE OIL about an inch in diameter
that was running down the cracked surface along with some other material
that was giving the bright green color under the lamp.

Jeeze, a Fortean event if ever I saw one. OK, I can dig an
oil pocket in say a huge piece of shale or the like, but
Granite? Someone's science of "igneous rocks" is just a tad
off, methinks.

bjacoby

--
Due to SPAM innundation above address is turned off!