Old July 16th 03, 02:46 PM
Beta Persei

Default Vixen SP Dec axis

Hi everybody.
I'm new to this newsgroup and my first message is a request for hints. I
have a Vixen Super Polaris equatorial mount, bought second-hand, which Dec
axis is quite rigid. Moreover, the RA dial ring does not turn, probably due
to prolonged non-use, dust accumulation and dried grease. I would consider
to replace the old grease on Dec axis, but before I disassemble it I wonder
if any of you already did this task and have some important warning or tip
to supply. I don't want to have flying springs or bolt and washers cascades
when I open it.
Thanks in advance,
Beta Persei (Italy)