Old October 26th 11, 01:54 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Peter Webb[_4_]

Default Major analysis confirms global warming is real

"Chris L Peterson" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 01:30:04 +1100, "Peter Webb"
wrote:

Funny, you didn't answer my questions.

They've all been answered before- and by people who, unlike yourself,
understand science.

Sorry, yesterday when I wrote the questions I wasn't aware that there were
already expert answers already available on the internet.

Perhaps you can provide a link to the answers?

Here are the questions again:

'Take for example
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:In...ord_(NASA).svg
The 5 year average global temperature was lower in 1963 than at any time
since 1935. Was "global warming" occurring in (say) 1961? How do you know?
What calculation based on temperatures (which is what was measured)
determines if "global warming" is occurring or not occurring at some point
in time?'

Your science denialist tactic of asking the same questions over and
over, ignoring the answers already given,

You appear to be confusing me with somebody else. I personally have never
asked if the earth was warming in (say) 1961. I still don't know. Hopefully
the link you provide will answer my question, when you post it.

might work with the peanut
gallery on pseudoscience sites like that of Watts, but you're on a
science forum here... way out of your depth.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I just want a scientific term defined. That term being "global warming".
Such that given a complete temperature record, the definition will allow us
to determine if global warming is occurring or not at any particular time.

This is needed because the referenced paper talked about global temperatures
at different times, but you seem to be talking about "global warming". To
see if your conclusions follow, we need a way of translating statements
about temperature into statements about global warming, which means a
definition of global warming.

Anyway, even though I only wrote the questions yesterday, according to you
the answers are readily available on the internet. Or maybe you could just
provide your definition of "global warming"; it is a term that you use and
hence I would assume that you know what it means, or at least have some
meaning in mind.