Old November 16th 12, 09:39 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Steve Willner

Default It seems that as Dark Energy increases, Dark Matter decreases as time goes on

In article ,
Yousuf Khan writes:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/ac...ap-dark-matter

The actual preprint is at
http://arxiv.org/abs/1211.2616

What is says is that Baryon Acoustic Oscillations at z=2.3 are
consistent with concordance cosmology. In particular, something
like a cosmological constant (now referred to as "dark energy," of
which a cosmological constant is a specific form) is required.

The effect on our understanding -- admittedly poor -- of dark matter
seems to be entirely in the imagination of the Guardian author and
the OP.

Steve Willner Phone 617-495-7123
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA