Old August 10th 17, 08:32 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Eric Flesch

Default Milliquas v5.2 includes SDSS DR14

The Million Quasars (Milliquas) catalogue presents a new release,
v5.2, which includes just-published SDSS-DR14 and SDSS-DR14Q data.
The count of type-I quasars & AGNs is now over 607,000. Milliquas now
also includes ~435,000 WISE quasar candidates over the whole sky, with
photometric redshifts calculated by me using the 4-colour method
documented in Flesch 2015,PASA,32,10. The catalogue's total count of
quasars, candidates and misc objects is just shy of 2 million..

The catalogue and ReadMe (which documents all this) are available on

http://quasars.org/milliquas.htm

and on NASA HEASARC at

https://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/W3Brow...milliquas.html

and are expected to be available on VizieR soon.

This may well be my last data release as SDSS DR15 is due out in July
2019, i.e. another 2 years, and I don't plan any Milliquas releases
before then. Two years is a long time and maybe I won't come back to
it then. But I'll post here now and again -- maybe on some
controversial topic like in the old days, who knows.

cheers, Eric