Old March 8th 06, 09:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default 145 CMa - the Winter Albireo - a colorful after-work winter double Feb-Mar

"Dave Jessie" wrote in message
canopus56 wrote in message:
145 CMa (HD056577) - the Winter Albireo - is at it's most favorable low
declination position (J071636.00-231912.0) for 41N op's.
snip

Canopus56,

THANK YOU!! Neither I nor any of the members & visitors attending our
public viewing night at the club's observatory had ever seen this
beautiful double. Miraculously, we had a completely clear, but cold,
night in NE Ohio and took advantage of it. If it weren't for your post,
we certainly wouldn't have seen it last night - or perhaps ever. Your
subsequent post listing the HD number was also a great service, and much
appreciated.

Indeed. I took advantage of the opportunity and the information as well. I
even created my own Double Star list in SkyTools and made this the first
entry. These are the kinds of reports I want to see more of on SAA.

What the heck should we be looking at, that's off the beaten path, on an
obscure or even non-existent list?

Keep these coming! I need to fill up my Double Star list (and Galaxy, Open
Cluster, PN, ...etc.).