Old March 5th 06, 12:43 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default 145 CMa - the Winter Albireo - a colorful after-work winter double Feb-Mar

canopus56 wrote in message:
145 CMa (HD056577) - the Winter Albireo - is at it's most favorable low
declination position (J071636.00-231912.0) for 41N op's.
snip

Canopus56,

THANK YOU!! Neither I nor any of the members & visitors attending our
public viewing night at the club's observatory had ever seen this beautiful
double. Miraculously, we had a completely clear, but cold, night in NE Ohio
and took advantage of it. If it weren't for your post, we certainly
wouldn't have seen it last night - or perhaps ever. Your subsequent post
listing the HD number was also a great service, and much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Clear Dark Steady Skies,
Dave Jessie