Old July 4th 06, 08:07 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro,talk.origins
Timberwoof

Default The Expanding Earth and Mind and other paradox

In article . com,
"Petra" wrote:

Timberwoof wrote:
In article .com,
"Petra" wrote:

snip
Science needs a lift, but not the kind that you deliver to the seat of
the pants. It needs some pizzaz, a little hype and a voice that sounds
interested and interesting, like there was real life in the material.
There could be, but in the "we do" and so forth I think some of it gets
lost.

It does?

Try some PBS: Nova and Scientific American Frontiers are pretty
interesting. And there are tons of specials on cosmology all the time.
For that matter, have you read Scientific American or Discover lately?

Timberwoof,

I don't much care for reruns, but at least on television and in
publications they are good enough to leave some of the digusting parts
as film on the floor or deleted from their computers so "we, the
public" don't have to see it.

What are you talking about?

As for current reading material, I recently chose to re-read QB VII by
Leon Uris because I wanted to read something that had some sense that
someone cared much about something. As we near the Fourth of July it's
a perfect read because a gripping tale about how million of persons
lost eveything they had, under circumstances which were dire, we who
live in a place which is supposed to have so much, frequently goes
unacknowledged.

And this has to do with giving science a "lift" how, exactly?

While Americans are slowly losing their rights one after the other, we
should appreciate what we have and attempt to make this once great land
something worthy of being proud of. Heaven Help Us.

Heaven Help Us is exactly what the fundamentalists and other religious
political radicals have in mind.

--
Timberwoof me at timberwoof dot com http://www.timberwoof.com