Old July 4th 06, 05:32 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro,talk.origins
Kermit

Default The Expanding Earth and Mind and other paradox

wrote:
Kermit wrote:
malibu wrote:
Timberwoof wrote:
In article . com,
"malibu" wrote:

The Earth absorbs (gravitational) energy.
This collects at its center until it
imbalances the magnetic field.
When the poles reverse the energy gets spun into matter.
The Earth grows
bigger and there is an increase in gravity.

"That's not even wrong."

Jupiter gives off 2.6 times as
much energy as it receives from the Sun.

The 'official' story is
that it is still cooling.

Even official stories are often correct.

Is Earth still cooling?

Yes.

Have you ever boiled a pot of water?
What happens when the heat gets turned off?
The boiling stops.

What happens when you turn the heat down? It is still hot, but not as
hot.

There are active volcanos everywhere on Earth.
They release huge amounts of heat.
2/3 of Oregon is 3000 feet deep of 'fresh' volcanic output.
As I write this homes are evacuated because of imminent
volcanic eruption in numerous places on Earth.
You think the boiling has stopped?
Why? Because that's what you are told?

I don't think that. Why would you think I think that?

Is Earth expanding?

No.

What's *your* 'right' story? Got one?

There is really only one that fits the data, altho many details have to
be worked out. Unfortunately, it is not your story.

In a nutshell- what is it?

Ummm... the mainstream story.

Google "plate tectonics" Most of the links will be helpful. The front
page is sure to have a synopsis with pictures.

Are the 'details' things like plate movement, volcanic
activity, excess heat output of all the big planets?

Sorry, but I'm not sure what you're asking.

It *sounds like you're asking if I think Punatubo is the result of
Jupiter's heat radiation, but that wouldn't make any sense.

John

Kermit

still Kermit