Old December 22nd 03, 11:39 PM
Phil Fraering

Default Anniversary of sorts just past

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 01:04:07 -0800, George William Herbert wrote:

I had thought I remembered that the first posts in the
then-brand-new sci.space reorg groups went out in
early January 1994, but reviewing Google records
found some from mid December 1993, one as early as
Dec 15, 1993.

That makes the reorg'ed groups, sci.space.tech,
sci.space.science, and sci.space.policy, now officially
slightly more than 10 years old.

I would like to wrap up with two short recognitions.

First,...
I would like to again thank the people who helped out
in the early email discussions of the original sci.space
reorg and helped form and plan what we have today.
Though some have moved on, a large number of them
still participate today, and they all deserve credit
for having helped with the vision. That list was,
from the first RFD:

[snip!]

(Phil G. Fraering)

Uh, I thought I was against the split?

I think a couple of those email addresses may still even
be valid ;-)

Second...
For reasons which remain murky, my wife, Lee, has
put up with the ten or so thousand hours and uncounted
dollars I have invested in aerospace projects and these
newsgroups over the last decade. She has even been
consistently supportive despite the obvious insanity,
though that support has been known to take its own
uniquely special form sometimes:
http://gw.retro.com/employees/gherbe...titchSmall.jpg

It is not alone that we reach for the future.

That's nice.

It's nice to know that she has a sense of humor.

And besides, the motto of this newsgroup might as well be,

"Oh, good, my dog found the chainsaw..."

pgf