Old April 9th 16, 04:01 PM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default Illiterate Einsteinians Are Crafty Moneymakers

Sabine Hossenfelder was given an FQXi grant of $126,000 to find a consistent theory that combines two inconsistent ones:

http://fqxi.org/community/articles/display/209
"In particular, Hossenfelder is searching for a good theory of quantum gravity--a framework that would bring together Einstein's theory of gravity, general relativity, which describes how cosmic bodies move, and quantum theory, which governs the behaviour of particles on the smallest scales. "Some people work on problems that I don't think are problems at all," she says. "But the question of how to find a consistent theory that combines gravity with quantum field theory is one that everyone agrees is a problem--and one that has to have a solution." (...) "We know the theories we have right now are inconsistent--when you combine them the answer is nonsense," she says.. "It is clearly not how nature works, there has to be a better answer."

That is, Sabine Hossenfelder is going to find a theory where the Newtonian absolute time and the Einsteinian relative time coexist consistently. Bravo, Sabine Hossenfelder:

http://arxiv.org/pdf/gr-qc/0610057.pdf
"One one hand, time in quantum mechanics is a Newtonian time, i.e., an absolute time."

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/isrn/2013/509316/
"In quantum mechanics, time is absolute."

https://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/re...essons-quantum
Perimeter Institute: "Quantum mechanics has one thing, time, which is absolute. But general relativity tells us that space and time are both dynamical so there is a big contradiction there. So the question is, can quantum gravity be formulated in a context where quantum mechanics still has absolute time?"

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/ea...cience.aac6498
"In Einstein's general theory of relativity, time depends locally on gravity; in standard quantum theory, time is global - all clocks "tick" uniformly."

Pentcho Valev