Old August 23rd 03, 03:42 PM
Gary Morrison

Default Mariner Valley, etc. Around 27 August?

I'm wondering which days of this month's close pass with Mars various
especially prominent surface features will be visible. That is, with
respect to the ~10-minute daily slip of Mars vs. Earth period of day, do
any of you know where the US will be in the Earth's rotation, relative to
where Mariner Valley will be on Mars' rotation, during various nights over
the next couple weeks. Similarly for Sirtis Major and other prominent
surface features.

Anybody know where I could find that information?