Old June 11th 17, 10:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 12:18:35 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:

Drizzle all morning.Broken clouds at 1'30 pm The beaches must be very bad for business this Spring. Reality is people are not going to the beach like in the good old days. Will see what kind of settling I get.I think $230,000 is more than fair.Then my son Ken and I can buy a nice house in Huntington Beach with a view of the ocean and all.Trebert NO MORGAGE at my age

Still cloudy here, but rain has stopped. 65F as 2 PM. Wind NW at 4 mph.

Amazon has updated their official estimate of new jobs to 1,500 at the new distribution facility in Troutdale. Though the total could still be over 2,000.
I was puzzling as to why I could not see the Reynalds Aluminum plant in my Google Earth views of Troutdale. Now I find out that Alcoa bought the plant in 1998, and tore it down in 2003! One way to eliminate the competition, I guess! I didn't even know it. Goes to show how far out of the loop I have been. No wonder things look so impoverished in this area. The Aluminum plant was the only major industry this area had! Now that could all change with Amazon building their new facility on the old aluminum plant site and employing many more that the old plant did! The new jobs will have great benefits!

With Troutdale booming, it will be a great time to open a business there! If you get a great settlement, you might consider investing some of that money to grubsteak Kim and I in opening a restaurant in Troutdale. The lunch trade should be great! Opportunities like this don't come along very often!

Double-A