Old June 15th 07, 09:36 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

Default EADS going for sub orbital tourist flights

Alex Terrell wrote:

:
:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6749873.stm
:
:I wonder if they'll be able to compete with Virgin.
:
:Will this prompt Boeing into the market?
:

I doubt it. Reading the article, this sounds more like marketing than
a business plan. Still "looking for industrial partners over the next
year" and at the stage were "if development work starts".

:
:Could this be used for high speed point to point flights? The cabin
:looks like it has room for 10 people.
:

The article says 4 passengers. I doubt it would be any faster than
other airplanes used point to point.

--George Bernard Shaw