Old April 13th 06, 08:09 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.physics.particle,sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro

Default Dark matter and dark energy are caused by only gravity and the boyancy effect

wrote in message oups.com...

| Hexenmeister wrote:
| wrote in message oups.com...
| | Bill, you can do better than that!
| |
| | What about the rest of you, PD, Wormley, Eric, Timo and the rest --
| | it's no fun if you don't come out and play!
| |
| | Now I should have just loaded you guys up with all the ammo you need by
| | refuting several major scientific dogmas:
| |
| | The aether exists.
|
| Prove it, idiot.
|
| Maybe a better question for you is - prove that it doesn't exist!

I will if you can prove bright green flying elephants do not exist.

| The
| MMX experiment by itself didn't rule out the aether.

Yes it did.
http://tinyurl.com/h2g7z

| It only showed
| that it isn't moving at Earth's orbital speed. A great many things -
| like how EM travels, how atoms are arranged, magnetic force, atomic
| spectra, time dialation, inertia, what is dark matter and what causes
| dark energy can be simply explained in terms of an aether. See my TOE
| at:
|
| http://www.geocities.com/franklinhu/theory.html

No. I'm not interested in your wild and crazy pet theories.

| Things usually cannot be absolutely proved, however, just the fact that
| many things can be explained in terms of an aether is evidence that it
| may be true.

| It would be best to experimentally prove the aether exists.

Do it then. shrug

| Since MMX
| type experiments are not convincing, I would suggest we try to find
| compression effects.

Do it then. Don't involve me, though.

Even if the aether flows through almost anything
| as if it wasn't there, I would imagine there should be some resistance.
| So if you take a closed evacuated cylinder and fire a projectile to the
| closed end, you might find it puts up more resistance than if the
| cylinder were open due to the compression of the aether in the closed
| cylinder.
|
| You could look for inertial effects as well.

No I can't. I'm not interested. You've gone for 'it could' to ' to
'we' to 'you'. Forget it, you claim it, you prove it. I'm innocent until
proven guilty.

|The aether is what
| propagates inertia, so if we could somehow create an aether wind
| (perhaps with some kind of magnetic arrangement), we may be able to
| show that it is easier or harder to push a mass depending on which
| direction you are pushing the mass. There have been some recent
| experiments showing that if you spin up a magnet and then stop it, the
| second time you spin it up, it takes less energy. Perhaps this shows
| that the aether can be made to spin using magnets and that it is easier
| to spin it up the second time because the aether is already in motion.
| There are also some very recent experiments using only gyroscopes that
| appear to show that space somehow has a memory of whether the gyro was
| recently spun. These types of experiments could definitely point to an
| aether.

Yada yada yada.
I said PROVE it exists.

| We could also look for it directly in particle accelerators.

No WE cannot. You prove it, leave me out of it.

If we
| frame collisions in the frame of reference where there is not only the
| colliding particles, but also an interaction of the aether, we would
| predict that some of the particles being emitted, come from the aether.
| Maybe this is the source of the random spray of hadrons we see in
| experiments. It would be a matter of re-examing the experiments for
| evidence.

Yada yada tada...
Produce the EVIDENCE, not your maybes.

| | Quarks do not exist.
|
| shrug, nothing to say
|

| | Dark matter and dark energy are gravitationally associated.
|
| Bright green flying elephants and black holes are emotionally associated.
| (What ****ing dark matter?)
|
| Probably the best evidence to date is a mapping of the dark matter
| using telescopes. Don't ask me how they did it,

Who the **** is "they"?

but they produced some

Who gives a ****?

| | Redshift is an effect caused by distance only.
|
| Correct.
|
| | The big bang didn't need to happen to explain the CMBR
|
| It didn't happen anyway.
|

| Yeah, the big bang and redshift is a crock!

I didn't say redshift was a crock.
I agreed that redshift is an effect caused by distance only.

| |
| | Now, I've noticed that the internet usenets exist on the principle -
| | 'If you can't say anything to refute, don't say anything at all". I
| | see very little in the way of collaboration on the sci.physics group. I
| | think it would be OK to encourage people every once in a while when
| | they're not totally crazy.
| |
| | All of the papers I have recently published on the sci.physics news
| | groups have opened to virtual silence - which could mean a couple of
| | things - either
| |
| | 1. You are in total agreement and have nothing to say against it and
| | are in stunned silence - which I find bloody unlikely
| | 2. You're not reading any of my posts
| | 3. Maybe you're just sick of me
| |
| | In any case, some comments please ....
|
| Put up your dukes, then. Let's see what you are capable of.
| Androcles.
|
| Whoo-hoo we're having fun now!

Ok, well, produce the evidence (you have until I get sick of you to try).
Androcles.