Old October 24th 12, 07:44 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rick Jones

Default Should SpaceX use larger but fewer engines for reliability on the Falcon 9?

Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...
I find it mildly amusing that you think a "large fireball" is not
nearly as hazardous as an "explosion".

Because it's not as hazardous, especially when you have a launch escape
system in place to get you away from the fireball.

As a check, since I have peanut-gallery difficulty with fireball vs
explosion Was it a large fireball that enveloped (?) Challenger?

rick jones

trimming previous and now extraneous text, done well at least, is a
good thing...