Old August 10th 12, 01:34 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
David Briggs

Default What satellite was that?

In message
Dave wrote:

I live in Preston, Lancashire, and at about 22.55 last night (Thursday
9th August) our next-door neighbour came knocking on our door and said,
"Look at that satellite up there!!". There was a very bright object
moving very quickly from west to east - anyone know what that
satellite would have been?

TIA

Dave,

I saw it myself from our observatory site at Clanfield, Hampshire.
It was the International Space Station (ISS). A good place to
check for future passes is http://www.heavens-above.com/

If you set your latitude/longitude you can get it to give pass
times that are more appropriate for your location.

--
David Briggs
Skype ID: davidbriggs124