Old November 26th 03, 08:08 PM
Brian Gaff

Default The Hubble Space Telescope...

I'd have thought that it might actually be useful to get it back and examine
what and how it has aged in orbit. Not having much luck are they? They lost
skylab, Mir was brought down, now although its possible, nobody wants to
risk it for Hubble... Well, I expect they will pay for a dummy model to be
made...

:-)

Brian

--
Brian Gaff....
Email:

hlink.net...

http://www.msnbc.com/news/994737.asp?0cv=TB10

| begin quote
|
| In the wake of the space shuttle Columbia disaster, NASA pulled the plug
on
| any plans it had to retrieve the Hubble Space Telescope at the end of its
| life so it could be displayed in a museum.
|
| end quote, begin rant
|
| NASA (or better yet Congress) should pull the plug on some NASA managers,
| instead of the Hubble Space Telescope. The Hubble Space Telescope has
| contributed so much to our the knowledge of the Universe it would be
| criminal not to put it in a museum for display along with all it's
| achievements.
|
| NASA management, definitely the "Wrong Stuff". Not a care in the world
| about spreading Columbia all across East Texas, but worried about Hubble
| debris. Not a creative or innovative thought about how to repair Columbia
| on-orbit with the stuff they had on-board. No wonder they can't figure out
| how to make a repair kit for the heat shield so they can service or bring
| Hubble down safely.
|
| end rant
|
| Save the Hubble, from a disgraceful death,
|
| Craig Fink

---