Old March 21st 17, 04:44 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Default So, what's on the Moon?

Davoud:
I think that the notion that the Universe is beautiful is purely
sentiocentric; it wouldn't be beautiful if if no one were in it to say
that it is beautiful.

Chris L Peterson:
That's true. But it's beautiful while there's something sentient to
make that observation, and it's all meaningless when there isn't.

Sometimes I take the nihilistic view‹that on a sufficiently large scale
it is all meaningless in any case. Strangely, perhaps, that view is
sometimes comforting, at odd moments.

"...I don't feel frightened by not knowing things...by being lost in a
mysterious Universe without having any purpose, which is the way it
really is, as far as I can tell, possibly. It doesn't frighten me."
‹Richard Feynman

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm