Old December 15th 03, 12:20 PM
a m a z u r e ²°°³

Default Asshole Erskine

"Peter Lowrie" wrote in message ...
| a m a z u r e ²°°³ wrote:
|
| Trolls are fun, a gift, especially the dopey ones who are their own worst
| enemy.
| Enjoy them and show up their cluelessness and lack of logic.
| Even the best trolls have a weakness.
| Find it and use it against them when you get bored of the lack of decent
| discussions :-)
|
| I never killfile anyone. I like to see the whole picture, not just a
| distorted (censored) version.
| I even have some filters to Flag & Highlight some trolls who are
| especially amusing.
|
| Amazure, I quite agree. Some trolls are fun, interesting and informative. A
| way to introduce a topic for discussion. I mean, when you're at a gathering
| and somebody introduces a topic to discuss (because all else is quiet) you
| don't hear others say to them; "Aha, you're trolling", now do you? Alas
| commonsense does not prevail.
|
| BTW, would some kind soul please expalin to me what it means to killfile, or
| to be killfiled, and also how do you do that?

It's just the setting up of filters to hide or delete messages you do not wish to see.

Your Newsreader is "KNode/0.7.1" which I am not familiar with, but there are
most likely options to filter incomming messages somewhere within it.
(KNode Docs) http://knode.sourceforge.net/downloa...n-0.3.2.tar.gz

Regards.