Old January 28th 05, 05:42 PM
tweet

Ross wrote:
DrPostman pulled a bright blue crayon out of the box and scribbled

this
in :

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 08:36:59 -0700, Art Deco

in
accordance with The Prophecy scribed:

Ross wrote:

The Richard Dawson of Rogers Park pulled a bright blue crayon out

of
the box and scribbled this in
:

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:31:23 -0700, Art Deco

scribbled:

[...]

For his continuing cowardice, including context snippage

leading
to de facto post editing via "digesting", blatant snipping of
links he does not want publicized, Foamy-style labeling of his
nicknames as "attribution problems," and general running away

from
the truth of his kookery, I nominate Dave "Davie Pee Wee
Tholenator(tm) the Lame" Tholen for Coward of the Month,

January
2005.

Anyone care to second?

Oh, and continue tholing, Tholenator(tm).

I second the nomination of Tholen for CotM.

Thirded with alacrity.

I predict that he will pretend to be 'above all this' by not
responding except with even more inaccurate and repetitive

digests.

I wonder if his students will know about this and his other

Usenet
honours? For their sakes, I can only hope that he doesn't

conduct
his classes with the same lack of integrity that he shows online.

I have wondered the same myself. If so, having Tholen as an
instructor would bite.

Indeed. In spite of any professional accomplishments, to have such a

lack of imagination and integrity, he would be like death in the
classroom.

Some time this year I plan on visiting the Big Island. I have

toyed
with the idea of looking Davey up and seeing what he's like in RL.
Just to introduce myself, mind you.

Oh, that would make his day -- an Antagonist showing up at his office

door...just to say hi.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when that happens - I'm sure the
reactions would be interesting.

If he acts funny I leave him the hell alone.

I am curious about the conversations he would have: are they as dull

as
his Usenet posting or is he bolder when he is posting?

I am also curious. DrPostman, you have to go and then report back to
us what he is like IRL.

I'm going there to visit a friend and see flowing lava
for the first time in my life. Davey really isn't all that

important,
but my friend works at the same university so I wouldn't be
going out of the way.

I would like to know if he does actually exist in real life or the

quote
in my .sig is correct.

R.

--
'You're erroneously presupposing that I'm in "RL", Ross.'

- Dave Tholen, Existentialist Philosopher,
Usenet Kook of the Month for March of 1998
in .

There seems to be evidence of a Dave Tholen in "RL", but perhaps it is
not the same entity we have crossed paths with online. That's a great
quote, btw.