Old August 16th 17, 07:16 PM
WA0CKY WA0CKY is offline
Senior Member

That's a lot of images to stack and a lot of disk space. I'm already up to about 4 terabytes and taking nowhere near that number of frames per object.

Not having OIII I tried H alpha a number of years ago. Even after 90 minutes, the halo was splotchy with gaps. I was pretty green about processing back then so may be due to my techniques. I suppose I should try again.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slilge View Post
M27's halo is not an extremely faint object, but still difficult for city skies.
I gathered data in four short (without astronomic dawn) nights in June.
One of those nights had an 80% full moon in addition to the city lights. I only took Ha in that night.

Taken from Berlin with a Celestron RASA on a G11 mount, ASI 1600MM cool camera, 133x2 min Halpha and 124x2 min OIII.

I have attached a full HD crop, the full field can be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp12/M27colourgut.jpg

Stefan