Old April 29th 17, 06:16 AM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default The End of Einstein Is Around the Corner

The scientific world is preparing for a revolution/catastrophe:

"Why Einstein's Theory of General Relativity Matters...and why it soon might not. [...] And that raises perhaps the most important ramification behind a variable speed of light. It throws everything we know about the physical world into disarray. [...] But a complete upheaval of our knowledge of physics would be equal parts fascinating and discouraging. Yes, we should care if Einstein was wrong about the speed of light, because the effects on how we investigate physics might not even be comprehensible to us at this point in time. And all this speculation is moot if Magueijo's and Afshordi's experiment can't support their hypothesis. We'll have to wait impatiently to see exactly what the pair find. They might be totally wrong. But if they're not, the scientific community will have to come to grips with a world they actually know nothing about." https://www.inverse.com/article/2439...ral-relativity

No need to "wait impatiently". Einstein's 1905 constant-speed-of-light postulate is OBVIOUSLY false. Here is the original formulation:

http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einstein/specrel/www/
Albert Einstein, ON THE ELECTRODYNAMICS OF MOVING BODIES, 1905: "...light is always propagated in empty space with a definite velocity c which is independent of the state of motion of the emitting body."

This independence of the state of motion of the emitting body is only conceivable if the motion of the emitting body is able to change the wavelength of the emitted light. That is, when the emitting body starts moving towards the observer, the wavelength of the emitted light must become shorter (otherwise Einstein's light postulate is false). Accordingly, Einsteinians teach that, for all kinds of waves (light waves included), the wavefronts bunch up (the wavelength decreases) in front of a wave source which starts moving towards the observer:

http://www.einstein-online.info/imag...ler_static.gif (stationary source)

http://www.einstein-online.info/imag...ource_blue.gif (moving source)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4OnBYrbCjY
"The Doppler Effect: what does motion do to waves?"

http://www.fisica.net/relatividade/s...ry_of_time.pdf
Stephen Hawking, "A Brief History of Time", Chapter 3: "Now imagine a source of light at a constant distance from us, such as a star, emitting waves of light at a constant wavelength. Obviously the wavelength of the waves we receive will be the same as the wavelength at which they are emitted (the gravitational field of the galaxy will not be large enough to have a significant effect). Suppose now that the source starts moving toward us. When the source emits the next wave crest it will be nearer to us, so the distance between wave crests will be smaller than when the star was stationary."

For waves other than light waves the moving source does indeed emit shorter wavelength, and the reason is that the speed of the waves relative to the source decreases when the source starts moving. This shortening of the wavelength is measurable in the frame of the source - the wavelength is measured to be λ when the source is stationary, and then it is measured to be λ' (λλ') when the source is moving.

For light waves this is obviously not the case - the speed of the light relative to the source does not change when the source starts moving. In the frame of the source the wavelength is measured to be λ when the source is stationary, and then it is measured to be λ again when the source is moving, which means that the wavefronts DO NOT BUNCH UP in front of the moving source.

Conclusion: The light source ("emitting body") moving towards the observer does not emit shorter wavelength. Rather, it emits faster light. If the initially stationary source starts moving towards the stationary observer with speed v, the speed of the light relative to the observer shifts from c to c'=c+v, as predicted by Newton's emission theory of light and in violation of Einstein's relativity.

Pentcho Valev