Old February 12th 13, 01:42 AM posted to sci.space.science
David Spain

Default Is Space Really Empty

On 2/11/2013 1:17 PM, Peter Fairbrother wrote:
On 11/02/13 13:00, David Spain wrote:

OTOH if an experimentalist can prove non-zero ground-state vacuum
energy, there would no doubt be a Nobel Prize in Physics lurking there
for such a clever scientist.... Need a goal?

Hasn't that been done? Casimir effect? It is standard model.

-- Peter Fairbrother

FYI, a non-ZPE interpretation for the Casimir effect can be found he

http://arxiv.org/pdf/hep-th/0503158v1.pdf

I haven't read through this in depth, but if you want to discuss Jaffe's
paper further I will attempt a full read and give you my two cents
(literally about what my knowledge here is worth)...

Dave