Old February 6th 13, 03:29 PM posted to sci.space.science
David Spain

Default Is Space Really Empty

On 2/5/2013 10:21 PM, David Spain wrote:
On 2/3/2013 3:26 PM, Brian Gaff wrote:
So then, would the energy in the universe go negative making matter
just fly
into its component parts as the negative energy overwhelms the current
forces. If so then where is all this energy coming from. As it cannot be
destroyed, I can see it can be very defuse but surely in order for
matter to
stop existing there has to be something opposite or the current forces
must
be diminishing.

Brian

No official "postulates" from anything I've read, however I have a
personal purely conjectured favorite. And that is that the so-called
"ground-state" quantum vacuum energy is positive.

Dave

Also note that the "end-state" universe is/will-be quite different from
the one we experience today. There may be little if any "free matter" in
existence, having been previously swallowed into the nearest black hole.
What we are really talking about is the evolution of a black hole.
Perhaps known physics can only meaningfully discuss the dissolution of
normal space time as the evaporating membrane surrounding an event
horizon. The end state universe is beyond strange.

Dave