Old February 3rd 13, 08:26 PM posted to sci.space.science
Brian Gaff

Default Is Space Really Empty

So then, would the energy in the universe go negative making matter just fly
into its component parts as the negative energy overwhelms the current
forces. If so then where is all this energy coming from. As it cannot be
destroyed, I can see it can be very defuse but surely in order for matter to
stop existing there has to be something opposite or the current forces must
be diminishing.

Brian

--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.

The email is valid as
Blind user.
"David Spain" wrote in message
On 12/20/2012 11:21 PM, Brian Gaff wrote:
I think though we have to remember that much of this is only predicted by
theories and actually testing it out is hardly possible at the moment.
I think what many of us have problems coming to terms with is that
space
is empty but is stretching, Obviously in this context empty merely means
that there is nothing that interacts strongly with the matter we see.

Brian

If we run the clock forward fast enough and long enough on our current
model of the universe the existence of matter becomes impossible. The
universe will simply run out of energy. Unless we conjecture that some
kind of ultra super duper massive black hole can radiate back to
triggering another big bang on its own. Problem is there doesn't appear to
be any way in the given model to create such a beast. And the physics of
singularities are indeterminate anyway.

To paraphrase from Dr. E: "God doesn't care about the end of the Universe
and won't say why."

Dave