Old January 21st 05, 06:05 AM
Eat More Possum

I live where I live. We can;'t all be deities! (and blind to boot).

Chris L Peterson wrote:

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 01:04:51 -0600, Warm Nights wrote:

baloney! I and many others have been using red lasers at night for years _
and the public sure sees them point at celestial objects _

Yes the green is easier to see - significantly easier to see. But to say
the red
lasers cant be seen is total nonsense.

I feel sorry for you, living under such miserable atmospheric conditions that a
5mW red laser makes an effective pointer to celestial objects! But for anyone
living where the air is fairly clean, you really do need a green source if you
hope for people to see much. If it is very clean and dry (as where I live) even
the green laser is hard to see for anyone more than a few feet from the source.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com