Old March 22nd 13, 01:37 PM posted to sci.space.history
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

Default recovered F-1 engines - which mission?

"Jan Philips" wrote in message

Which mission are the recovered F-1 engines from? Most reports say
that they are from Apollo 11, but some say that they don't know
because the serial numbers are missing or only partial. Some people
seem to automatically think that Apollo 11 was the only one.

Well, the GOAL was the Apollo 11 S-V. Hence in part why I think many folks
are saying these are them.

That said, I suspect it'll be a bit (days or weeks) before anything is
confirmed.