Old March 23rd 06, 04:53 PM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Default Weirder election than Battlestar Galactica's

On 23 Mar 2006 05:41:54 -0800, in a place far, far away,
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way
as to indicate that:

Robert Juliano wrote:
Minsie's just ****ed off that a supposedly liberal president made the
moon landings happen.

That's the first time I've heard someone call Nixon a liberal.

In modern terms, at least domestically, he was ("we're all Keynesians
now"). He was the guy who instituted wage and price controls, for
example.

Of course, to get back to the original point, he didn't make the moon
landings happen. The program was almost complete by the time he took
office (he'd only been president for seven months when Armstrong and
Aldrin landed).